Menet Aero, partnered with Pathways2Solutions has been awarded a first-of-its-kind 5-year contract with the US Department of the Interior for UAS support of wildland fire fighting operations. These high risk operations involve:
- Operations in temporary flight restricted areas (TFRs)
- Beyond Visual Line of Sight (5 miles +)
- Operations in Instrument Meteorological Conditions (IMC)
- Night Operations
- Operations up to 12,000-ft
- Simultaneous mixed manned & unmanned operations
The US Department of the Interior is at the forefront of using unmanned aircraft for US civil government operations. More information about the US DOI's program can be found here. Currently Menet Aero is one of only four companies outside of the military conducting these type of high risk missions inside US airspace.